Free and quality 4 times table worksheets!
No sign up needed for download!
Each of these 4 times table worksheets has been designed with your children's growth and education in mind. We also hope that elementary school math becomes more fun!
There's a range of worksheets available including matching sums and answers with a line, color by number, and much more.
Read more about these worksheets, or scroll down to download.
All our worksheets are designed by a children's illustrator, and a teacher/psychologist...they're all free because we're committed to closing the equality gap in children's education.
Order of 4 times table worksheets below
- Connect the multiplication by 4 problems with the correct answer and help the moon
- Fancy some coloring? Answer the multiplying by 4 problems and color in to reveal the picture
- Learn to multiply by 4 by thinking of it as a sequence of numbers (4, 8, 12 etc)- The Giraffes worksheet
- Fill in the 4's multiplication fact flowers to get some more times table practice
- How about learning your 4 times tables with multiple choice problems on a friendly creep of tortoises?
- These caterpillars have some more questions for your little ones to master their multiplication facts for 4's
- Another fun multiplication by four froggy based game
- This worksheet is one of the harder ones - fill in the four times table missing answers
- More 4's multiplication facts practice with these basic lists
1. Multiplication by 4 matching
With this worksheet your kids can draw lines to connect the 4 times table problems with the star which has the correct answer on.
I wonder if they'll feel more connected to real life stars and the moon after completing this worksheet... I hope so!
If using the black and white version they might also like to color in the moon.
2. Multiply by 4 and Color!
Get your coloring pencils ready! As your children take on one multiplication question after another, a beautiful scene will emerge...
When they complete this free printable 4 times table worksheet, it's a wonderful opportunity to praise patience, perseverance, not giving up, keeping going, concentration... "Well done that's fantastic. you must have kept going in many difficult moments"
3. More Four Times Table Practise
If you're child is just beginning to learn their multiplication facts for 4's this one could be ideal. By continually adding 4 they'll come to realise more about the 4 times table pattern.
When I was in third grade I remember a dull black and white list of sums in a math book. I imagine doing this and my little heart coming alive. What a long way we've come!
4. Four Times Table Worksheet - Spring Sunflowers
Get loads of practise with this multiplying by 4 worksheet.
Each flower has six 4 times table questions so... that's lots of questions to get your teeth into!
5. Multiplying by 4 Tortoises
This 3rd grade math worksheet is a quick one to complete with only 7 questions.
Perhaps a good starting worksheet to help grow confidence....
How about combining a few worksheets into a pack?
6. Some More Third Grade 4's Multiplication Facts Practice
This colorful 4 times table worksheet ought to warm the heart a little!
Your 7, 8, or 9 year olds are hopefully still young enough to appreciate these friendly creepy crawlies!
7. Frog jumping 4 times table exercise
This friendly frog wants to jump on all the numbers from the 4 times table. 4, 8, 12... Can your students help him get all the way to 48?
8. Multiply by 4 Missing Answers
If you kid has pretty much got to grips with the four times tables... This challenging worksheet could be good to test if it's time to move on to the next number.
9. Straight Forward Lists of Multiplication by 4 Questions
More Details about these Multiplying by 4 Worksheets
How can I use these worksheets
There are multiple math problems you can print out and use. These can be given as homework, used for extra practice by parents at home, or as part of a varied lesson plan in the classroom.
You may start by printing one or two out that you feel is manageable for your child's current level and development.
ORDER OF DIFFICULTY
- The easier ones are the frog jumping one, the giraffe one, and the unmixed list of sums one, as skip counting in multiples would likely be familiar from past learning. Chanting 4, 8, 12, 16... etc
- Multiple choice and matching are the next level up.
- After that is the basic sums mixed one, and the caterpillar sums.
- Then finally, the color by multiplication picture, the flowers, and missing answers ones are developmentally the more challenging ones on this page.
Recommended age and grade
It always depends on the child and the circumstances and no two children should be compared.
Most commonly, these 4 times times table worksheets are used from grades 2-3, or from 7 to 9 years old.
Color and ink saving black and white
We've made our worksheets available in color and also black and white.
Some teachers want to save ink, and some like to do coloring along with the math activities. Some want to print in color and laminate.
Whatever your choice is we want to include options for you.
What makes our times tables worksheets unique
Professionally designed and free
Our free printable times table worksheets have been created by a professional graphic designer and a former teacher. Our mission is to make high quality resources available for teachers, students, parents, and schools... especially those with limited resources.
We connect KIDS with inspirational people
We believe children have immense potential so we connect them with some of the greatest educators and thinkers in history. When they are surrounded by inspirational people and ideas, the seeds of wonderful growth are planted, and that's our hope for all young learners.
WE connect kids with NATURE - DEVELOPING MINDFULNESS
One of our wishes is to awaken the imagination of young minds by connecting math to their environment. To the animals, and flowers, and trees, and sky. We want kids to feel curious, and to feel the joy of learning within themselves, even when outside the classroom.
We weave in times table questions with engaging and interesting animals and aspects of nature. This makes learning math more enjoyable. We also hope to pave a path to more mindfulness and a stronger positive connection with nature... for children to feel supported by the world around them.
Now that you've seen these 4 times table worksheets, you might want to check out...
3 and 4 are often learnt around the same time and following that is often the 8 times tables.
And if you want to see all our times table worksheets together?
Question of the day... What makes you proud of yourself?
This is one of my favourite questions to ask children and also to ask myself if I'm honest! Surprise your child with this question today :-)
Paper Saving Tip
How about laminating these worksheets so you can use them again and again? Simply use a dry-erase marker and wipe off after use with a wet cloth. Great for the classroom, home-schooling, or for lots of practice at home.
We appreciate that schools around the world all work in different ways, at different paces, and do things in different orders. We acknowledge that many different ways of learning can work well, different approaches being more suitable in different cultures and contexts. We believe that sooner is not better than later, and faster is not better than slower. We wish to support everyone in the way they work so if you work differently and we can help, please do get in touch.